A morning walk down Dalal Street | RBI may maintain status-quo on rates with support for Nifty at 10,747.
Indian Indices: It looks like the market has already priced in the uncertainty the way it has been moving in a narrow range since last Friday.
· Asian markets: Asian markets are lower today as Japanese and Hong Kong shares fall. The Nikkei 225 is off 0.40% while the Hang Seng is down 1.46%. The Shanghai Composite is not trading.
· US Markets: Dow plunges 799 points on trade, slowdown fears.
· European markets: European markets finished broadly lower today with shares in Germany leading the region. The DAX is down 1.14% while France's CAC 40 is off 0.82% and London's FTSE 100 is lower by 0.56%.
· Major Headlines of the day:
· Asian stocks fall as declining US yields, trade woes knock sentiment.
· Atul Sahai appointed CMD of New India Assurance for 5 years.
· RBI policy to be announced today.
· Trend in FII flows:- The FIIs were Net Value of Rs -55.89 segment while the DIIs were Net Value of -521.38 the provisional figures.