Medical cannabis has a lot to answer for and no, we don't mean that in a bad way. Since medical cannabis has been legalized in US states like Alaska and Colorado, studies reveal an 11% drop in the number of men committing suicide aged 20-29. Not only this, but the magical green plant has the potential to fuel brain growth, destroy cancerous cells and even improve lung health, despite cynics long believing that marijuana consumption does the opposite.
With the countrywide rise in legalization comes an increased interest for medical cannabis, which can be consumed in more ways than one. Regular consumers may have accumulated quite a collection of pot paraphernalia to enhance their experience, from vaporizers and grinders to 'cannabutter’ machines and extraction tools. Since there are so many ways to experience the positive medical effects of cannabis, it's not surprising that over 700,000 people are using it in San Francisco alone.
Should you be a first-time customer who is keen to order weed delivery SF, it is advisable to learn the science behind cannabidiol (CBD) to ensure you select a strain that can relieve/cure your medical ailments, whatever that might be!
What is CBD?
Surely you have heard about tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), but do you know what CBD is? Moreover, are you aware of the potential life-changing impact it could have on you? Unlike the plant’s compound that gives you that 'stoned’ feeling (THC), CBD is very different. A non-psychoactive compound, it can be extracted from the plant in oil form and the CBD plant can even be cultivated to contain minimal THC (or absolutely none whatsoever). Pain and neurological disorders can be treated using the molecular structure of CBD, according to a study conducted at the University of Aberdeen.
The Benefits of CBD Strains for Medical Ailments
CBD is a chemical compound that is naturally occurring in the marijuana plant. It's quantity depends on the strain. To put it simply, CBD is changing the way people think about medical cannabis. In many ways, it is making former cynics join the pro-cannabis movement, due to the fact it is non psychoactive, despite being a main ingredient in the marijuana plant.
Of the 100+ compounds contained in cannabis plant matter, CBD is studied the most. Perhaps this is because the percentage of CBD usually exceeds the percentage of THC, or maybe it is because this compound “does not interfere with several psychomotor and psychological functions,” based on a 2011 study published by Current Drug Safety.
As the years have progressed, new evidence has surfaced, proving CBD to be beneficial for the treatment of widespread illnesses, ailments and diseases, including:
● Nausea and Vomiting
● Seizures and Epilepsy
● Psychosis Disorders
● Inflammatory Disorders
● Neurodegenerative Disorders
● Cancer and Tumor Cells
● Depression and Anxiety Disorders
As an Anticonvulsant, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-psychotic, Anti-depressant, Anti-oxidant, Anxiolytic, Anti-cancer and Anti-tumoral compound, CBD has the potential to combat many medical conditions, minus the side effects caused by some prescription drugs. Furthermore, marijuana is not addictive and so, you need not worry about becoming hooked on pharmaceutical medication that could actually be doing more harm than good.
Choosing a High-CBD Cannabis Strain
There are a lot of things to think about when you are shopping for cannabis strains that contain a generous dose of CBD. Consider what kind of aromas you want to smell, what flavors appeal to you, as well as how you will be consuming the marijuana. Since certain strains prove better for extraction, such as the Sour Diesel strain, you really ought to do your homework prior to arranging a weed delivery SF.
Save yourself the hassle of researching high-CBD strains and asking the budtender too many questions by ordering one of the following 10 types of bud for weed delivery SF:
- CBD MediHaze - Experience light psychoactive effects when you consume this 80/20 sativa-dominant strain, which can be relied on for pain relief.
- Stephen Hawking Kush - People with chronic pain may opt for this strain. The potent CBD-rich strain is also beneficial for depression.
- CBD OG Kush - Relieve the effects of anxiety and prevent insomnia from causing you sleepless nights with this type of kush.
- Sour Tsunami - Containing about 11% CBD, this tasty strain is the perfect solution for reducing inflammation and the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease.
- Cannatonic - Another anxiety-busting strain that may leave you feeling comfortably sedated.
- ACDC - The intense 20:1 CBD-dominant ratio of this cannatonic-related strain can improve alertness and prevent panic attacks.
- Harle-tsu - A natural painkiller with a mellow effect, you can use this sativa-dominant hybrid to ease sport-related injuries and arthritis.
- Canne-tsu - You are guaranteed to feel lifted and with enhanced mental clarity when you use this strain.
- Harlequin - A well-known favorite among medical cannabis users, Harlequin has anxiolytic effects and contains 15% CBD.
- CBD CriticalCure - The therapeutic effects of this indica-dominant strain make it perfect for mental health sufferers.
Choosing a Method of Consumption
With the above information in mind, it's time to decide how you will consume your weed. If you think that the only option is to roll up a joint and smoke it, you'd be wrong. There are actually many methods of consumption, each of which will affect the user differently. Blunts, bowls and bongs aside, cannabis can be consumed in the form of dabs, better known as butane hash oil (BHO). You might also consider capsules, sprays, tinctures and delicious weed snacks!