There are certain human ailments which are quite common these days. These include cough, cold, headache, acidity, etc. There are a host of different causes for these problems and the solutions lie in tackling these issues with the right kind of medications. That in turn requires proper understanding of the problem itself. Take acidity for example.
One of the major causes of acidity is a stomach abnormality called a hiatal hernia. It takes place when the upper part of stomach and LES (lower esophageal sphincter) move above the diaphragm. Diaphragm normally keeps acid in our stomach. In this condition of hiatal hernia, acid moves up into esophagus and causes symptoms of acidity. Some of the common causes of acidity include wrong eating habits, smoking, drinking and eating citrus foods.
As far as the cure for acidity and gas is concerned, there are several medications available in the market for tackling the problem. Eno is definitely one of the most effective solutions.
Moving forward, we would now like to throw light on some of the signs and symptoms associated with acidity. Here they are:
1. Burning in stomach: It is a general fact that our stomach contains small amounts of Hydrochloric Acid or HCL. The dilute acids are basically used to breakdown and partially digest certain particles present in our stomach. These are then completely digested in our intestines. Under conditions of acidity or the excess production of acids, one could experience burning sensation in stomach.
2. Burning in throat: Acid reflux is the condition when the excess acid reaches the esophagus and further adds to the problems. This burning sensation makes it further difficult for one to eat and drink certain foods.
3. Belching: Belching is one of the most common symptoms of acidity which often irritates the patient. But at times it also provides relief as well.
4. Nausea: Acidity might prove to be nauseating at times; and literally so. Acidity leads to condition of nausea in case one doesn’t take the mediation at right time.
5. Sour taste: Like basic things which are bitter in taste, acids are sour in taste. An excess amount of acid present in our stomach makes food taste sour.
6. Indigestion and Constipation: Acidity is commonly accompanied with stomach related ailments like indigestion and constipation.
7. Heartburn: Sensation of burning pain or discomfort may move up from your stomach to your abdomen or chest, or even up into your throat. In dire situations such as these, antacids like ENO can provide instant relief from heart and stomach burns.
You can also raising the upper body up with the help of positioning wedges and rolls or an adjustable bed. The goal here is to elevate it from the waist up in order to reduce the heartburn.
8. Regurgitation: Often sour acid might back up into your throat or mouth making it difficult for you to eat or drink anything.
So in order to keep yourself away from all these problems, it is important to take the right medication at the right time. There are several antacids available out there in the market. ENO, the most popular of all, has almost become synonymous with antacids. You could buy them from the nearest store in order to get instant relief.