Stem cells are body repair cells beholding a unique potential to develop into a plethora of cell types while controlling various body functions.
The two main types include:
- Embryonic stem cells: These are embryos created through the process of in-vitro fertilization for reproductive functions.
- Adult stem cells: These are cells genetically reprogrammed to alter various medical conditions in the human body.
Moreover, other special characteristics of stem cells include:
- Cells are capable to renew through the internal process of cell division.
- Under various experimental conditions, the cells are induced to function as organ-specific cells.
- In few of the body organs like gut and bone marrow, the cells divide to repair and replace the damaged tissues.
- The wonders of the cells are outstanding when it comes to rectifying various neuromuscular, cardiac, degenerative, hematopoietic and various other life-threatening disorders.
Here are some of the advantages and benefits of stem cell treatment:
- Regenerative medicine and therapeutic cloning have its own set of benefits with stem cell therapy.
- The evident potential for discovering and treating various health disorders.
- Helpful in the regeneration of limbs and organs further used for transplants.
- Deliver easy understanding of human growth and various body functions like cell division and cell development.
- Stem cell also caters to research on human development stages that otherwise impossible with an analysis of the embryo.
- Easy detection of birth defects, genetic disorders, and infertility
In recent years, the demand for stem cell therapy for stroke has increased and has been considered as one of the most effective medical treatment for various life-threatening diseases especially leukemia. The treatment has proved to be a blessing for many families and has well displayed its potential in the blood stem cells. When talking about the Indian scenario, there has been a rapid growth in recent years as an economically conventional therapy for treating chronic ailments. The cost of stem cell treatment in India varies between the range of $9,000 to $50,000 depending on the type of treatment and the severity of the medical condition.
When it comes to Dheeraj Bojwani, stem cell treatment in India has its own course of procedures and principles. The reasons why the consultant has carved a niche in the healthcare industry are:
- Low cost of Indian hospitals.
- Best medical care facilities.
- Convenient and comfortable accommodation facilities.
- Availability of advanced technology and highly skilled doctors.
Refer below link a Cameroon patient tell us his experience about stem cell treatment in India for brain injury.